The draft Treaty (Final Agreement) has 29 chapters. Chapters are a good way to negotiate a Treaty, but difficult to explain it.
The Treaty is made up of five main parts. Each of the five main parts will be focused on for two-three months, starting with Lands.
- Lands – The land and resources we will own
- Self-Government – How we as a people will govern our lands and our people
- Finances – How we will pay for our government and provide services for our people
- Treaty and Aboriginal Rights – How we will keep and practice our historical and current aboriginal rights
- Canada, BC and Local Government – How we will be equal with and work with our neighbours